
Disclaimer: I apologize in advance to any sensitive man who reads this blog. It's hard word being a CEO of a household.
I have a friend who recently disclosed her husband wanted her to fulfill her wifey duties and cook a full course meal. Let me remind you that she is a successful woman with a full time demanding career. She does her job to the best of her ability and is working more hours lately because it's tax season. Yes, she's an auditor. Did I mention she's also studying for a certification?
My concern about this situation is that instead of helping her with the duties, he demands that she is suppose to fulfill her wifey duties. Doesn't a man suppose to take care of the household as well as make sure his wife is happy at all times? I thought in today's world we (husband and wife) were suppose to share in the marital duties. Let's point out what a wife actually does.
- Take care of the husband
- Take care of the children
- Clean the house
- Work 40+ hours and still come home to cook the meals
- Take care of Mister's 'needs'
- Balance the income and balance statement of the household
- Budget the finances
- Disperse the bonuses (lunch money)
- Negotiate the P&L (increase savings funds)
- Meet with the other board members (arrange family outings)
- Conduct daily workshops ( delegate household responsibilities)
I am not finish, but it seems the wifey duties go far and beyond the call of duty. Instead of demanding she fulfill his demands of a wife I believe he should assist. Remember, it takes two to run a household. Most women are the CEOs are the household and balance the finances while fulfilling other duties. I say it's time we request a personal bailout, purchase a private car, and take a vacation [like other CEOs].
Be inspired,Bahiyah Shabazz




No comments:
Post a Comment