Today is my pride and joy's birthday!
I am extremely proud of my son. He inspires me to be the best I can be. He looks up to me for guidance and love. I can't disappoint him by any means.
Where do I start? For scores and seven years ago... Sorry, wrong speech.
During my pregnancy I learned patience and unconditional love. To my surprise my water broke at three and half months. Yes, I said three and half months. I was hospitalized (confined to the bed) for six weeks. During that time every specialists encouraged me to terminate the pregnancy. They said it was impossible for me to have a healthy pregnancy and deliver a child without impaired conditions. I heard he would have everything from blindness to cerebral palsy.
Of course this was heartbreaking, but my soul wasn't broken. My son taught me what it meant to inspire and have faith. I laid in the bed while my husband (Firefighter/EMT) took care of me along with the hospital staff.
He arrived when the time came. I was exactly five months pregnant and ready to fight for his life. He was born at one of the best hospitals in the country. Our son weighed in at 1 lb. and survived in an incubator and fed with only my milk.
Today, he is eight years old and extremely active. He plays basketball, soccer, and swimming. He excels in his studies and has excellent behavior. Many can't believe he was a preemie without any complications. I tell everyone that faith brought us this far. Had I listened to the 'specialists' I would have missed out on eight memorable years.
Each day he looks into my eyes and says he loves me. He doesn't know that his love is what inspired me then and continues today. Happy birthday, Son!
Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz




4 comments:
Very inspiring post. He looks just like you too :) Happy Birthday brotha.... hope you live a long healthy prosperous life!!
Came over from GNO....
Awww! Happy Birthday! Goes to show you what happens when you listen to your heart and tune out the experts!
My baby will be 8 in a few weeks.
Gurl.....that is GOD!!!!
Happy Birthday to your handsome little boy. A mother's love can never be underestimated.
To stand still and have faith was the best decision I could have ever made. He is truly inspiring. I will give him everyone's birthday wishes!
Thanks for stopping by.
Post a Comment