Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

if you don't like something change it.

How many of you have heard this....
  • I don't like my job
  • I have gained weight over the years
  • I am stressed
  • I wish I could start my own business
  • I want to publish a book
  • I feel helpless
  • I want to travel more
  • I want to spend more time with the family

Stop whining and do something about it. I speak from experience when I say the time is NOW! This could not be a better time to accomplish your goals and do something about fulfilling your dreams. I remember punching a clock and working 60+ hours weekly. No family, No fun, No life. I was controlled by corporate society. After many restless nights, deprived quality family time, and migraines accompanied with chest pain I quit. Yes, it was time for me to change the situation I didn't like. Am I saying to walk out of your job tomorrow? Definitely not. But after lining up my options and making some deals I was able to work as an independent contractor through my consulting firm. Yes, I have a different kind of stress, but working for myself is worth it.

To change comes from within. It begins with a silent prayer and implemented through actions.

Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: