
Yes, I did it. I have to confess. I went shopping yesterday. I haven't splurged in a long time and it was time to take advantage of the sales and update my wardrobe. A girl has to have more than black suits. Who says a driven women has to think AND dress like a man.
You will be happy to know after all the damage I saved over $400. The ideal strategy is to take the difference saved and deposit into a high interest bearing savings account. Therefore, your saved dollars can truly earn potential for you.
In case you're wondering, I paid for everything cash. I normally use my cash rewards credit card, but this time was different. Lately, time slips away and I notice the automatic (minimum) pymt debit from acct. Now I have finance charge on the balance. I don't like giving away money.
The nerve of some people
As I was checking out I was asked the famous question: What is your phone number? "It's unlisted!" I don't like the enticing coupons coming to the house to make me shop even more to think I'm getting a deal. A true deal is saving your money. The salesperson ended by asking me to help her out and complete a credit card application. Help her out! Won't I be helping out the economy and disregarding my household finances? I then asked her to help me out with finance charges. Will you pay my APR and annual fee? Her reply was "we don't have an annual fee".
I suppose she's doing what she's taught. Well I'm teaching each of you to just say NO. Haven't we learned from this economic chaos.
We all can play
During his candidacy, Pres Bush signed a bill that effects each credit card. It seems when you're late and the interest increases on one ALL are affected. Please don't forget this critical law that can affect each card you have. Again, it's extremely important to manage your finances.
Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz




2 comments:
I can relate. Aint that some nerve..they want u to sign up for "FREE", and hit u hard with high APR's (in the long run)...as a thank you. Had I not been followin you for the past couple months... I might have got hoodwinked myself :)
Thanx for sharing
In the end nothing is FREE. The charges and fees come rolling in. It's important not to be fooled by the immediate "discount" and just say no thank you.
Post a Comment