Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Let's marry everything

Why do couples marry?
Is it for love?
.
Is it to have a lifetime companion?
.
Is it to avoid loneliness?
.
Is it to have a family?
.
Is it peer pressure?
***
No matter what your reasons are or were you have them. Today, I participated in a Bridal Extravaganza. It was beautiful to see the glowing [pre] brides and lost [pre] grooms. They were happy to engage in the bliss and fashion show with all the beautiful gowns.
***
When I stepped up to speak to everyone a silent room was filled with...hmmm. No one considered when you marry so does everything, including finances. These happy, young couples needed a little education when it came to financial discussion. Although, I love my business it amazes me to hear no one ever touch upon finances.
***
Love doesn't pay the bills
***
What about that first argument about overdrawing the account? How about when one spouse goes outside the budget? Catch these arguments before they begin. I know going forward it will be my destiny to discuss finances with premarital couples before you say "I do".
I now look forward to the wedding season to give insight on marital financial success.

Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: