Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Enough is enough

When do you say enough is enough?

Is it when...

  • you can't make ends meet
  • you're filing for bankruptcy
  • your spouse is leaving you for money mismanagement
  • you can't accomplish any goals
  • you've given up on yourself

The only person that will ever be invited to your pity party is YOU. I had to personally find that out for myself. Every now and again I like to share a personal story.

One day I was in my bedroom feeling sorry for myself. I was crying and sobbing everything that was wrong with my life. I had the list of complaints on hand. I didn't believe in myself or what was to come.

The cake and ice cream was present. The party favors were present. The speech was prepared. There was only one problem. I was the only one invited to the party. It seemed no one wanted to join me at the pity party. Only I believed I was in an emotional crisis. Everyone around me, especially hubby, wanted me to get over it.

My husband is known for his abrasive personality and I couldn't believe he wasn't going to attend. I would attend his...if he had one. Even my son couldn't understand my turmoil. After noticing no one would show. I cleaned my face, ripped up the speech and gathered my emotions.

See others saw what I couldn't at the time. That was to appreciate what I had because someone else was worse than I was. Today it's a much different story. Although I like to party, you won't find me at another pity party.

I had enough of giving up on myself. I always wanted to be successful...now I am.


Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: