Why do I live paycheck to paycheck to feel good about myself?
Time after time I encounter individuals discuss their spending habits. There's no surprise most people are defined by their material possessions. I consult with a person "Anita" whom loves to spend money she doesn't have. However, she has the latest trendy bags, shoes, and clothing. No one can compete with her wardrobe. She indicates spending money makes her feel good about herself. The euphoric emotion only lasts several minutes. Once Anita gets home to balance her checkbook to pay her bills she notices she over spend once again.
Her shopping only allows her to feel good for the moment. Deep inside Anita is using her material possessions to define who she wants to be as oppose to who she really is. Currently, Anita and I are working on defining herself and deepening her self reliance. It's time she addresses how to acknowledge herself through financial independence and not through self destruction.
Bahiyah Shabazz,
Personal Management Consultant
Remember: Finances are Linked to Emotions
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Bahiyah Shabazz you will be getting a lot of business helping people. To take care of their finance. You will show people they can feel good and be debt free. Without emotional spending.You will make a difference.
God Bless your business & books you written. Very nice web site. Look forward to doing business with you. I was told you helped this couple saved their marriage.
Mrs. S Kyle
My goal is to educate one at a time and demonstrate how you can truly live your goal of managing your finances. Emotions play a huge part in our daily decisions. I'm confident the person will do well with understanding how to take care of herself.
Post a Comment