Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Unchattered Waters

We are in the first month of the new year and I am looking forward to what 2009 has in store for each one of us. This year is full of hope, promise and prosperity. As I interact with many individuals I hear them discuss the financial distress, disparity in the workplace and disgust with personal appearance. I am here to say that you are not alone. Instead of looking at what you don't have appreciate what you do. I know this is easier said than done. I too have issues I want to go away. But I can't help to appreciate the life that was given to me.

The road to Hope or Uncertainty is a decision away. You have control of your destiny and write the ending of your story. It is so easy to take the road to uncertainty. However, hope is an action away from where you are intended to be. Again, you are not the only person to engage in a sense of loss. However, you can be the first to address the issue head on.

Think of yourself as the Coyote and Roadrunner cartoon. We all know the episodes of how the Coyote would attempt to capture the Roadrunner. He never gave up accomplishing his goal. Think of the Roadrunner as hope and you are the Coyote. Time after time you may fail, but it is the tenacity that will get you there.



Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: