I have been promoting my book STILLWATERS since publication. There have been many people who have enjoyed the characters and plot. I admit it isn't perfect, but it's a vision that I have dreamed of for years. There was a lady who was adamant about giving me her feedback. I was intrigued so I listened to what she had to say. To my surprise she had a list of what I should have discussed and what she believed what was "wrong" with the book. Oh, did I mention the book is my vision?
I am open to what people have to say. It only makes you a better person. When I released the book I took a deep breath and said, "some will, some won't, some might, so what". I have learned that I can't please everyone. I can only do what makes me happy. The big picture is more than a grammatical structure or the [mis]spelling of one's name. It is what you are able to take away from a situation to add to your greatness.
I will leave you with a quote that I read and practice daily: "Don't believe what other people say about you; you have to define your own net worth."
Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment