When we were children we had no fear. Each one of us [boys and girls] believed we could be Superman or Wonder Woman. I remember one day my mother yelling at my brothers and me for acting like Superman.
One day we climbed a tree as high as we could. I was sort of a tomboy so I had to out do my two brothers. We climbed the tree and jumped. Looking back and passing the same tree makes me laugh till this day. During that time I didn't realize how huge the tree was. See we all had the 'no fear syndrome'. As children we think we are capable of accomplishing anything. It's only until you get older that society puts limitations on your abilities.
You can continue to have the superman syndrome. Remember, no one knew that Clark Kent was Superman. He was the only person to know his capabilities. It was his own little secret. Even his co-workers believed that he was the most incompetent individual at times.
I suggest your walk around with your S on your chest. When the time arise disclose
your strengths. Superman realized at an early age that he didn't have to reveal himself to others to be accepted. As long as he knew what he could do was all that mattered to him.
You're never too old to believe you are Superman.
Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz
Bahiyah Shabazz





2 comments:
WOW!!! Beautifully written. My childhood hero was Spiderman, but I can totally relate to everything you said in this post.
Hi, thanks for stumbling over my blog. Your blog is a treasure! and I do love this Super Post! =)
Post a Comment