Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Nothing Ventured; Nothing Gain

I can't afford to.....
I think we can all fill in the blank. There have been too many occasions when someone has expressed fulfilling a goal to never start on the task. Do you realize that if you never attempt you will never know if you are capable?
***
I love what I do. I meet and network with many people. I discuss financial empowerment and self reliance. More than often by the time I sit with a person he/she self esteem and confidence is ripped apart. It's my job to rebuild, sculpt, and present all the possibilities.
***
There was a client who wanted to start a nonprofit organization. She wanted to help abused women, but didn't think she was capable because of lack of finances and resources. After hearing her vision I knew she had a passion for what she wanted.
***
It was a task, but I eventually (3 mths) got her to realize she was worthy of pursuing her dreams. She followed my plans to take care of herself. The finances soon followed because she no longer doubted her capabilities.
***
Who knows where she would currently be if she had not taken a leap of faith?
You won't know your abilities if you don't try!

Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: