
I know today is Money Monday, but I have to mention my new addiction. A fellow blogger introduced me to Twitter. I am not the one who spends most of my day socializing on the web...but this is Pandora's Box.
Let me say that I am officially hooked! I get to "tweet" about the in between moments of my day and keep you posted about the events of my career. I can see why this is spreading like wildfire.
Money Monday
We waited until the eleventh hour to file our taxes. Each year we say we won't wait so late then time slips by. I began to wonder what are others doing with their overage tax refund. Please, I beg you don't be a thousandaire. The few thousand dollars you receive today will be gone tomorrow if you don't think about how to make it last. Invest your money into something financially tangible with growth that you can file the next year and hopefully continue.
These are a few ideas to plant your financial seeds:
- IRA (Investment Retirement Account)
- Spousal IRA
- 529 College Fund
Each one of these accounts can get you an additional tax benefit. We are all wondering where can we donate to get an extra tax credit. Why not donate toward yourselves?
Don't be afraid to invest. I truly believe that it is a great opportunity to buy a stock or two. I like to think the equity (stock) is "on sale". Let's assume you were shopping at Macy and found a pair of jeans for $60. You saved for a week, returned to find it is now on sale for $30. You can afford to purchase TWO. You then purchase two pair of jeans without trying them on. Three weeks later you try on the jeans...they don't fit. It's okay, although you no longer have the receipt, the tags remain. You return the jeans to the store for credit, but it must be offered at the current price. They are now FULL PRICE! Yeah, your sale item purchased at $30 e. is now $60 e. You've just made a profit of $60. Now that is the stock market today.
Think twice what you do with your tax return. Your decision can allow you to see a recurring return!Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz




2 comments:
and i must say u seemed to have figured out how to effectively use Twitter rather quickly. You smartly interpose your great financial/lifestye advice with those little personal moments in your life to keep it all balanced. Great job Bahiyah
You are very welcomed. I suppose I should thank you. Thank you!!! It's becoming a great experience that allows me to submit a dose of financial expertise here and there.
Post a Comment