Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Family and Wealth


I am the proudest wife and mother ever. I know there are others who would like to debate for the "proudest" title, but I'm claiming the belt today.



My family is the most important part of my life. As you can see the boys enjoy father/son moments all the time. More than often I am doubled teamed and forced to flex my super mom abilities.




Although we have been married 15 years it doesn't mean we don't enjoy having a "date night" every now and again. As always I'm the designated driver. One day I was thinking, what if I have more than usual? What about our only child? After many hours of discussion we decided to establish a trust and guardianship for the heir (son).

I tell you this story to say it's important to have the proper paperwork in order. This protects you and the loved ones left behind. Everyone is on board with our decision as to who would be his guardian.
This is a subject that no one wants to ever discuss, but I feel for the sake of your children it's extremely important.

There are many parents who don't want to ever have the talk. No, not the big talk with children. It's the talk about will, estate, trust and guardianship. Establish a safe financial net for your family.

Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: