Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sunshine

It rained the entire day, but my heart was filled with joy. In my eyes the sun was shining as bright as the innocent smile of a child seeing his father. The weather didn't damper my day as a matter of fact it improved.

I stayed in the house not alone...with family. Surrounded by love and infectious laughter. We had pancakes for breakfast, listened to music and danced for hours. Yes, we were silly for no reason except to enjoy each other's company.

My husband missed work today. I'm not telling his hidden agenda was to feel the unbroken connection with his wife and child. To feel the warmth of a hug when we passed in the hall. A smile that is so powerful it screams volumes.

It rained today...I'm happy.


Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

1 comment:

UrbanPer$pectiV BLOG : said...

Poignant post... keep inspiring