Tomorrow is our anniversary!***
Let me begin by saying I've been called cheap by many on numerous occasions. I would like to clarify and state, "I'm frugal". There is a difference.
Cheap is when you will only purchase inexpensive items and not consider the quality. Frugal is when you are mindful of the amount of money you spend and want to know you're getting the bang for the buck. Besides, I have splurged on an expensive item or two. Although, I have negotiated prices and cut the insurance on trips and neglect the warranty on items. That's neither here or there.
Again, tomorrow is our 15th anniversary. I am happy to be with the man who can tolerate my attitude, drive and tenacity. He allows me to be who I am and loves me unconditionally. I also love everything about him including the days when he doesn't want to be bothered and wishes he had a detached man room.
Well, I'm considering purchasing two items as a gift. He is a man who loves to top a crisp shirt with cuff links. I have found the perfect pair. Most importantly, it's 60% off the original price. I can't wait to see the look on his face. He of all people knows how frugal I am.
Besides, I recently surprised him with a trip for Las Vegas because he's so supportive and business is exceeding expectation.
I say all this to convey no matter the occasion you should always be mindful of how much you are spending and the quality of the product.
It's our anniversary...I can't wait for tomorrow :-)
Bahiyah Shabazz




1 comment:
Hope you guys had a great anniversary!!
No matter how you say it when it applies to ME...it always boils down to "cheap" I guess cause I've always been "frugal" :) others..mainly women I dated in my 20's/early 30's...would ALWAYS say you're cheap!! Even now when I talk about this tight economy and watchin my $$ more closely...even with that , they still call me cheap. Bahiyah, guess who they ALWAYS come runnin to when THEY'RE runnin low on cash? hmmmmm I guess cause I don't spend frivolously like some do, I'm able to keep a couple EXTRA dollars in my wallet!!! Cheap..it's the new Rich!
Post a Comment