I don't think so...
I recently had a conversation with a lady who wanted to discuss life insurance.
"What's the appropriate amount?" she reluctantly asked.
That depends on whether or not you have a spouse (w/ or w/o income), dependents, liabilities and potential college fund(s).
The lady looked confused as she yelled, "I just want to bury myself, I don't want to support my husband's mistress".
WOW!!!!
That conversation was for an entirely different topic. I don't want anyone to be confused about the amount of insurance you may need.
No! It's not for your beneficiary to get rich.
No! It's not suppose to cost an arm & leg.
No! You don't get it to provide for the mistress.
When you consider life insurance you must consider your spouse and dependent(s) you are leaving behind. The policy is available to pay for the burial, pay off the mortgage, liabilities and continue with college plans for your children.
Regard your policy as a comfort so that your loved one will have one less thing to be concerned with as he/she is grieving.
There can be too much insurance. Again, it's not for your beneficiary to become rich. I highly encourage everyone to sit down with a consultant to discuss all the pertinent information.
At the end of the day you want to make sure your family isn't grieving over your death and lack of income.
There's just no convincing some people. She steadfast and only wanted the bare minimum after researching different funeral homes. The lady said if her husband had to he will get two jobs to support the family. Once she's gone it's no longer her concern.
WOW!!!!
Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz
Monday, July 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Wow again. That's a rough one.
Following you on twitter.
thanks!
Post a Comment