Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Clipping Coupons

I previously mentioned that I have a friend who is consumed with coupons. I'm not oppose to coupons, but she takes it to another level. She follows a you tube subscriber that demonstrates how to "properly" cut the coupons and coordinate in a colorful binder.

It wasn't until she informed me that she saved $45 on an $85 bill. Okay, my interest has completely peaked. I later asked her what is she doing with all the money she's saving from the coupons.

NOTHING!!!

She's just happy to not have to spend the money.

My suggestion is to really notice the difference you're saving. Deposit the amount saved on each receipt into a savings account. You will definitely notice the money accumulating from your efforts. The purchase value of the dollar will possible be 2% this year as oppose to 3%. I'm ambivalent about this percentage for two reasons:

1. The value of a dollar isn't in much demand as before (negative)
2. The lower interest rate offered on accts will keep you up w/ inflation (positive)

I am now conscious of the coupons and depositing the money saved in my acct. I have noticed a difference in my savings balance.

Another savings tip that will increase the value in your household.


Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: