
Where was this program when I needed it?
A year and half ago someone hit my precious vehicle.
I bonded nearly 9 years with this car. We had many stories to tell. The car was well kept and I performed all the maintenance on time.
To my dismay, someone drove down my Cul de Sac to put a huge dent in the driver door. This dent didn't allow me to operate the window or properly close the door. After driving around for several weeks and hearing the suggestions from employees and husband. I decided to purchase another vehicle.
I drove into the dealership to make a trade. Unbeknownst to them I was going to get another vehicle regardless of what they had to say. Unfortunately, what they had to say was insulting.
I was offered $700 for my car! What?
I decided to sell the car direct and received nearly $2000. I was pleased for the knowledge and ability to sell the car myself.
I wish they had the clunkers plan last year. I would have received more than $2000 to apply toward the principal balance. However, I did drive off the lot with a great SUV that I saved thousands because no one wanted a "gas guzzler" at the time due to the gas price.
Now that the gas price is reasonable I have come out on top.
Take advantage of the clunker plan if you are considering purchasing another vehicle and you have it in your budget. Make sure to take a close look at your potential buy to compare MPG and value.
Happy hunting.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Cash-for-Clunkers-boosts-apf-2900292728.html?x=0
Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz




No comments:
Post a Comment