
It's been awhile since I've found my Zen. Women's month is coming to an end and I must say that I am guilty of taking care of others more than myself.
I was recently having a conversation with a very good friend and it got really deep. If your friends can't tell you the truth...then who can? I realized everything she was saying was RIGHT.
I'm a very driven and accomplished person who is always trying to help others.
What about myself? Whatever happened to my spa days?
Lately, I've been working out with weights and running to stay fit. I haven't focused on my Zen.
It's time to substitute a day with Yoga, Spa and relaxation. The key to personal development is learning to take care of yourself, which involves finding and accepting who you are.
In order for me to continue to assist others and allow them to reach their full potential; I have to practice what I preach.
There are many times when I'm exhausted. Yes, I said it. Wow...that felt great! However, I keep going like the energizer bunny.
I have proclaimed today to be the first day of my Zen. I will find time to relax and take care of myself. I truly believe this declaration will allow me see things that I have not otherwise.
My suggestion is for each of you to find your Zen. It's waiting for you to discover and take full advantage.
NAMASTA!!
Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz




3 comments:
Girl, it happens to all of us. We get so involved with everyone else, that we don't take care of ourselves until we crash. Thank God for good friends to keep us on track.
I know. I remember when I would schedule monthly spa days then it all went away. I agree, it's great to have good friends to tell you the truth at all times.
Thought you might be interested in my book, Where's My Zen?...please link a coupon code for a free ebook at www.wheresmyzen.com use coupon code at checkout: 0KDUGHT82...enjoy the gift!
Blessings,
Master Nomi
Post a Comment