Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Defined by your mistakes





Mistakes are inevitable. It's bound to happen each day. The difference between mistakes are if they are good, bad or intentional. Regardless, if it is any previously mentioned no one ever forgets.

I encounter many people throughout the course of the day. Most are genuinely good people. But they also mention they can't continue in a relationship whether [friendship or intimate] because someone can't forget what has happened.
We all know the popular phrase that is forever coined..."Once a liar, always a liar"..."Once a cheat always a cheat". Now I'm no angel and I've done my fair share of heartbreak. But I am not the person I once was before. As I'm sure this goes for many of you.
Aren't we capable of changing? Should we all be forgiven and aspire to walk in the presence of our spiritual leader [whomever you worship]? The key is to ask for forgiveness, rectify the situation, and strive to do good to others and self.

It's sad that you are remembered for what [misfortune] has happened in your life as oppose to all the good.
The key to breaking others definition of you is to create, believe and walk in a confident presence. Again, we have all made mistakes. Each of us come into the world making mistakes. From spitting up on our parents to breaking hearts. And all in between.

I can't continue to express that at the end of the day you define your self worth and you know what you have done to create a new you. Just as our skin sheds daily to create new cells you can shed your mistakes and frame of mind about yourself to create a new you.
Inspire to be defined by your successes and not mistakes!!!!











Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: