Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Count your Blessings!

I had to participate in a luncheon today. I don't like these shindigs because there's never anything for me to eat. I have to feast on iceberg lettuce and explain to the server that I requested a vegetarian plate.

As always, the table gasps as if I said I shot the Easter Bunny. Yes!!! I am vegetarian and proud of it. By the way, don't take that huge slab of chicken breast off my plate, wipe it, and reserve the meatless plate to me. I can tell the difference. [yes this has happened on many occasions] Why do I continue to torture myself?

Oh yes, so I can network.

A lady at the same table began to tell me a member of her church had a stroke. She probably wouldn't have had my undivided attention until she said the member is twenty-seven. Twenty-seven? Can you believe it? I began to reflect on my life. I'm no spring chicken, but I'm not old enough to go play bingo either.

What have I done in my life? As I began to ponder I regarded all the blessing in my life.

  1. Positive health
  2. Supportive Husband
  3. Son who thinks his mom is Wonder Woman
  4. Beautiful Family
  5. Great Relationship with parents and sibling
  6. Great Friends
  7. Published Author and Speaker
  8. Community Activist
  9. Financial Educator
  10. Ability to say NO at the drop of a hat

I then realized that although my life isn't perfect. It's my life. Healthy. Happy. Here.


Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: