Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Personal Economic Stimulus

Wouldn't it be nice if each household could have an economic stimulus package? Am I wrong, but aren't we all suffering. As I watch CNN I am forced to witness CEOs beg to borrow and steal the funds they are requesting.

People are getting laid off, losing their homes, and depleting 401k. The ups and downs of the economy are inevitable, but some things were avoidable.
Things avoidable:



  • Mortgage back securities

  • ARM loans

  • High Debt to Income Ratio

  • Borrowing beyond your means

  • Golden CEO packages

  • Private Jets
What gives companies the right to request money? Each one argues the package will have a ripple affect in the economy to save jobs and stimulate the economy. However, it seems the only thing that is being stimulated are the pockets of the key holders of the companies.

I have a proposal to request a personal stimulus to pay off all existing household balances. It will cover mortgage, car, and student loans. Now that will positively affect the economy so that if a job is lost there won't be a tragic.

This morning an update on the economic stimulus package was discussed. I know President Obama is attempting to help the economy and I appreciate his initiative, but I couldn't get over this statement from the house.
"We know it's not perfect. But we think it's responsible and reasonable."

Wasn't it lack of responsibility and reasonable that got us in this predicament?

Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: