Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Fight or Retreat!



Yesterday, I came home to see my son was in an altercation. He was bullied once again by a boy twice his size. Lately, a classmate has been picking on some of the class. I don't know if he is going through some personal things, but he's going about his decisions the wrong way. I've read about transferring emotions and strongly believe this is the case.

Martin Luther King, Jr Syndrome

My husband and I always teach our son to treat others how you want to be treated. He lives up to that expectation and always put others before him. I took cupcakes to the school on his birthday. He came home and said everyone enjoyed them. However, the bully (as he likes to call him) didn't want a cupcake. "I tried to offer him a cupcake, but he didn't want it. Why is he so mean?" I had to tell him everyone isn't your friend or associate.

Back to yesterday! My son had a knot the size of a golf ball and a scar on his chin . It seems the bully pushed him down while my son was playing during recess. I was disturbed and upset that no one called or send a note home.

It's time for the Malcolm X Syndrome

It comes a time when you have to punch back. Stop turning the other cheek because you may get hit in that one too. I don't condone violence, but I don't want my son to be marked as the weak one.

Respect yourself and don't allow anyone to hurt you

Positive self esteem starts with how you treat self. How others treat you will follow. As with our son loving himself enough to share with others start at an early age. Although you don't want to hurt other's feelings you have to consider yourself.

It doesn't matter what age you are always lead how you want to be treated by how you treat self.




Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: