Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The new F-Word


It seems that we are all shooting craps. Tomorrow isn't promised and neither is your house, life savings, or employment. Many people are feeling like failures and unsatisfied with the process of...life.

Don't let your failures define who you are. Take the time to roll the dice once again and shoot for a lucky seven. The hand you play is what you make of it. Put on your best poker face and own up to reality.

The reality is your actions are not controlled by others and you predict the future. You are not a failure because you have gotten this far in life. I know during this tough economic turmoil most are feeling the pressures of life. Look at what you are prevailing in and run with it.

Someone sat in my office to beat herself up about her lack of financial accomplishments. After her pity party I spoke to her about what life could consist of. It's a hard pill to swallow when the person you come to don't wipe your tears. Instead she says sit down, roll the dice again, and stop feeling like a failure.

I have never been the person to facilitate pity parties. I've always been the one to address the concerns, correct them, and move on. It's time to stop the blame game and take control of what you can. Life is full of disappointments, failing doesn't have to be one of them.

Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

No comments: