Best Educational Blog

My site was nominated for Best Education Blog!

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I believe the children are our future

Yesterday, I spoke with a group of inspiring young pre-professionals. They were seniors in high school. I try to give back as well as mold the young impressionable minds before the 'real world' catches them.

It was refreshing to hear the questions about finances and empowerment. These weren't the average young boy chasing girls. These young ladies had a plan and wanted to know how to implement it. I couldn't help but to mention the 'Superman Syndrome'. They all related to Clark Kent and how no one knew of his capabilities. They were all in agreement that they have abilities that no one else know. However, they believed in themselves and conquered all their goals through those abilities.

Empowerment doesn't begin during adulthood. It's pertinent that we have a responsibility to our future doctors, lawyers, presidents, teachers, etc. Time, patience and guidance doesn't cost a thing. In the end everyone benefits.

Charity not only starts at home, but it continues with education.

Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz

1 comment:

UrbanPer$pectiV BLOG : said...

Refreshing to hear these types of things concerning young folk.
The media always reports on all tne negativity with young folk, so I'm glad we have this medium (the Blogsphere) to spread positive stories such as these.
Bless you for "giving back"