I was extremely surprised to hear comments from an Attorney
I met with an attorney today. He was interested in my consultant firm, published books, and speaking engagements. As from most people I am asked about my credentials. I expect the questions because some say I look all but twenty five years old. Heah, that's a compliment I will gladly accept. I moisturize daily!
For the sake of privacy I will not give his name. However, I must say that he has been practicing for over two scores and is a prominent figure in the community. He began to ask questions about Emotional Spending and Finding your Stillwaters. I speak on these two topics frequently as well as other subjects.
He believes that women aren't as good as men. He didn't believe in the women's movement or other historical events. I listened to what he had to say then I commented and gave my opinion.
Why would you limit your possibilities based on others' perception?
Think about this question. This country would not have many leaders and inventors if we all believed that you can't accomplish a particular goal.
If you aren't resistant to change, does that mean you can't change yourself? Will you ever be able to progress in life or will you be stagnant because you can't see yourself pass what other's expect?
I refuse to limit my possibilities because other's are resistant to change. I expect for you to do the same. In my world I can accomplish any and everything a man can. My goals are without limits and obtainable.
Never let your possibilities be limited because others can't see passed the stained mirrors. I am sure once they are able to see the [wo]man in the mirror they will notice how inadequate their behaviors are due to defining self from others!
Be inspired,
Bahiyah Shabazz
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
The first sentence in the last paragraph sums this one up (Never let your possibilities be limited ....)
And that other line where you said you refuse to limit your possiblities....
Whewwwww!!, you've been on fire these last few posts!! ROFL!! :)
Look forward to them all, even if it takes me a minute to get to them.
I am a firm believer in living according to your standards and no one else's.
Post a Comment